Thursday, August 27, 2015

Window of inspiration

image

It's 6:30 a.m. so it's not as dark as it seems in the picture. We've been catapulted back into the school-year schedule, with fall sports for two kids and actual classes for one. My oldest has to leave the house at 6:20 to make the morning bus, which is at 6:50 in the next town over. Having him take the bus should save me precious time in the morning. Last year I drove him every day and it took at least an hour round trip. With the bus this year, I might save only 20 minutes (because I have to wait with him), but I'll be saving driving time and distance, and my husband should be able to take him more often (as he did today) because the bus stop is not totally out of his way (as it is mine, since I wouldn't even need to leave the house otherwise).

I don't know what it will be like next week when there are two high-schoolers vying for time in the bathroom, but we'll have to work out a schedule. I'll also have to ease them back into making their lunches, and encourage them to pack their bags the night before.

The past two days have been a slap in the face. I wasn't able to meet my step goal yesterday and the day before it was a struggle to do so. I worked 12 hours yesterday to make up for what I couldn't do the day before due to making three separate hour-plus trips  out to deliver or pick up (early because of rain) kids from school and/or sports.

I contemplated marching in place before getting to bed but I needed maybe 600 steps and it was so late and I had to get up so early. I woke up creaky and ache-y. Today was the first day I noticed that I never took the coffee out of the cabinet.

I haven't had any coffee since early July.  I've been drinking mostly herbal tea instead and one of the kinds I use has motivational sayings on the teabags.

Today's said, "There is nothing more precious than self-trust." Do I trust myself to stay away from coffee? I did until today, because now I am tired and am thinking about it too much. "Forever" seems like a long time...

...but I have to remember what coffee does to me. Ultimately it triggers my need for sugar. I don't know the chemistry behind it all, but I can't rationalize it away.

I'm purposely not signing in to my computer yet (writing this with my two thumbs on my smartphone): I am using this time to prep vegetables instead. I need to prioritize my goal to eat healthy or it will be all too easy to slip off track.

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...