Friday, November 22, 2019

Mother's Bangers

My youngest told me I could make a playlist on his Spotify after I introduced him to "Whatever" by Godsmack.

(He later clarified that "bangers" doesn't necessarily mean it is all head-banging music, which is why there is also Gloria Gaynor (who he discovered on his own) and Fleetwood Mac ("Oh well") in addition to the above-mentioned Godsmack, and Pantera ("Cemetery Gates"), etc.)

So, I told him he could pair his device with my car.

We spend a lot of time in the car together (driving to and from baseball fields and ice rinks).

Car time in itself with your kid can be really good (those final 40 hours of parent-supervised driving...kinda bittersweet), but ***when they are willing to listen to your music***...I can see this as a conduit for me getting a lot of messages across to him that he may be more willing to hear from somebody else singing than me just saying.

P.S. we are not allowed to listen to "mother's bangers" at the bus stop, to which I sometimes drive him when he's running late or the weather's bad, because it's pretty far away from our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...