Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Channeling sports

I got a bill from the cable company yesterday that was past due. This was a surprise because I thought I had automatic payments set up...well, I did have them set up, so I imagine the credit card must have expired. (I try to run all my expenses through my credit cards to earn rewards points.)

I figured this would be a good time to call the company and deal with some things I had been avoiding, such as changing my TV service and negotiating a deal for phone service. We don't need all the movie channels we have. I just didn't feel like navigating an auto attendant, and then discussing all of this with a customer service rep for God-only-knows how long.

After spending way too long on the phone, I had reduced my bill by more than $30 and eliminated the movie channels while adding some sort of Sports channel extravaganza, all while adding phone service. I got 37 channels worth of sports. My boys were in sports coma tonight. "Oh, by the way boys, I got you some new channels on cable..." They were glued to the TV.

Best of all, it includes FitTV which I have wanted, like, forever! (I wonder if the fact that I only have to use one remote to turn on an exercise show as opposed to dealing with DVDs and using two remotes will make a difference?)

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...