Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Why I am too tired to work anymore


But probably will anyway...

Today was so busy I didn't have time to take the dog for a walk until nearly 5:00. Fortunately, he did his duty and then I dragged him back home in 20 minutes. It was really cold and the sun was starting to go down. My big plan was to pick up the kids early, take them to McDonald's, go to the supermarket...all before my middle son's den meeting.

Well, we got to McDonald's but I was already reluctant because the older two's misbehavior in the car. And it was family night. Value-priced Happy Meals (though my oldest is too grown up for those, which is silly, because his hamburger probably cost more than it would have if it was in the Happy Meal), fun, excitement, and make your own sundae. I knew the trip to the supermarket would be impossible.


Then, I thought I'd just drop off middle son and take the other two to the store during the den meeting. But the bummer about that is that the store is right next to McDonald's, and both are 7 miles away from the den meeting. Travel time and backtracking. Plus my oldest wanted to play chess with me during the den meeting (fortunately I had negotiated him down to cribbage, because I just don't like chess that much).

So, then I began modifying my grocery list to the absolute bare necessities: milk and whatever it is that I need for our dinner party tomorrow. I dragged the boys to the convenient grocery store across the street from our house, after dragging them out of the free-for-all the den meeting had become, and somehow one of them got injured fooling around in the parking lot. They were relatively compliant in the store, and I didn't even buy them any extras. And still, I wondered, "How did I spend $50?"

I still have stuff to do. Things that were due today. And look at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...