Monday, March 2, 2009

At the end of my rope

After working around my kids all day (thankfully my neighbor had them in the morning so I could have three conference calls without hiding), I had to go out and shovel the snow. I made the kids come out with me since I didn't really trust them alone in the house and they really needed some exercise. They proceeded to throw snow in each other's faces and climb all over and into my car and somehow snow kept ending up back from where I had just removed it. I got so annoyed I just gave up and let them go back in while I continued to shovel as much as I could as fast as I could while muttering. Then I cooked them dinner and told them no more T.V. Go up in your room and find something to do. I am exhausted. The dog needed extra attention today, too, so I gave him a bath after the kids were done. And now the cat won't get off me and she has stinky toots. I cannot wait for the school bus to come tomorrow.

They are not always so annoying and sassy and rowdy and ungrateful, though. There were two recent occasions where I was amazed an proud of my older two.

I'll have to write about that another day, though. I plan to take a long lunch tomorrow and want to get some stuff off my to do list now before I crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...