Friday, August 21, 2015

Portion control

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="2000" caption="Single serving of crackers and cheese"]image[/caption]

I decided I should start paying attention to portion sizes. I actually counted out the number of crackers in this serving, and I know one little pack of string cheese is a serving.

That doesn't look like much food.

So I decided I should slow down and pay attention to what I am eating. So often I am eating at desk or in the car or otherwise distracted and unappreciative of what I'm eating.

image

This is approximately a serving of trail mix. I have to measure it out otherwise I'd no doubt eat far more than a serving. I know this for a fact because I've done it so many times before.

You can't out-exercise gluttony, even if you don't intend to be gluttonous. Trail mix is good for you but too much of a good thing is still too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...