Saturday, November 23, 2013

Blogging networks, syndication and social media

I have blogged on Boston.com (I currently can't find any of those posts so they may be deep in the archives or they may be gone altogether) and Working Mother.com. I had hoped to blog on Guideposts.com, but the scope of their home page changed a little and the only bloggers allowed are people who write for the magazine (on my "bucket list" as was being featured in Chicken Soup for the Soul(R)).

Aside from my own blogs, I currently publish on Blogher, and have had some of my posts featured. Because of my participation with Blogher, I have been chosen to participate in a social media influence program where I can earn money by posting about certain topics. Not that I want to be a sellout...but I do intend to crack the code on monetizing my writing. 

I syndicate to facebook and twitter, and I have just joined tumblr. Why, I do not know. There are so many social media platforms it can be overwhelming (I'm on instagram, too, mainly to keep an eye on my kids). I could literally spend all day posting and promoting, but I don't have the time for that. 

What is the right mix? How can I publish once and proliferate? How can I get my blog included in a relevant blogroll? Is the ultimate goal to sell books? To drive people to my blog(s) where they will be exposed to affiliate advertising (at some point in the future when I actually execute on that idea)? Or both?

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...