Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Revising

I almost didn't post this pic because of the "typo" I spotted, which I then realized was -- duh -- intentional.

I can't stand grammar errors, though.

When I am writing I usually highlight or put variables like xxx in spots that I want to go back and revise. If I "torture the copy" (as my mom used to say) too much I get stuck and things don't flow.

It often takes me a few passes to write an essay (which is what I do. I do not do fiction, I do not do short stories, and I do not do poems...I actually am not a big fan of most poetry, though I do like limericks and Haiku).

If I am really in the "flow zone" (another Mom-ism) I can write an essay in one sitting. I love when that happens. It's rare, though.

Recently, I just had an essay published in anthology that I had written years ago that I had edited numerous times and with several submissions but only recently did it find its home (last spring it was accepted, this November was published, and I wrote under a pen name so I am not going to share any deets here.)

The story I wrote for Chicken Soup for the Soul came out all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...