Saturday, February 14, 2009

Off the fence

So. One of the dads at Boy Scouts and I had a thought-provoking conversation last week about social media. I was talking to him about self-syndicating, wondering if I could create a group on Facebook and have fans. He said, "why don't you write a blog." (He highly recommends blogs. And Twitter.) I was at the point where I thought that blogs are nothing more than verbal diarrhea. Blaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhhhhs. I am still not 100% convinced. But I am at a crossroads. Writing a book, and writing two columns. Wanting to find a new name for one of my columns. Wanting to find multiple venues for both of them. Many avenues are crossing. Bottom line, want to keep writing. The Boy Scout dad told me an analogy that reminded me of my mom's "Buffet Table of Life" philosophy. Life is so full of so many wonderful things to choose from. That was my mom's meaning. The dad told me that sometimes you sit down to a full course meal and sometimes you have a snack. The blog is a snack. Columns are full course meals. So. Looks like I'll be snacking in between meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...