Thursday, February 26, 2009

Miracle Ear

I turned the volume of the TV down to 18, which is my limit for just about any show, including my own (as if -- the only time I watch TV is after the kids are in bed, and then it's in my room, and I usually nod off and wake up later with the TV watching me!).

"How'd the volume get up this high, anyway?" It was on 26.

My oldest and youngest sons feigned innocence.

My middle son grumbled, "Now I can't hear it at all!" I told him, "Well, I can hear it just fine and I'm sitting here with you!" (Bonding over old Popeye and Looney Toons cartoons). Grumble grumble grumble. I refrained from telling him to take the proverbial cotton out of his ears and stuff it in his mouth.

His older brother said, "I know -- I have an idea!"

"What's that, honey?"

"We could get those hearing aids they have on TV..."

"Oh, really...?" (I giggled inwardly, thinking "He said, 'up two streets and take a left!' " and "She said, 'she doesn't want to leave him, but...' ")

He was encouraged. "Yeah! In fact, they're on sale right now. Buy one get one free. So, for $19.95, we could both have one and you wouldn't have to hear our shows!"

Maybe a good idea. Almost as good as my idea for a treadmill that they have to run on in order to generate the electricity to power the television.

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...