Saturday, November 16, 2019

Scaling back to end my writer's paralysis

"There's nothing wrong with realizing that WordPress is simply more than you need and discovering the love of simplicity that Blogger brings to the table." 

I read that yesterday on "15 Minute Mondays."

Moments later I was converting my XML export from my self-hosted WordPress site so I could upload it here onto Blogger. I was going to just upload it to a "free" WordPress site, but I am not sure that exists anymore.

WordPress, I love you, and you have helped me so much in my professional career, too, but it is time for me to scale back.

I can barely find a minute to write anything non-work-related so, I decided maybe it was a good idea to start blogging with my phone. So here I am sitting outside the hockey rink on a Saturday morning. I guess I'm not going to be able to do all that super fancy optimizing and graphics alt_text, but whatever... Get me off at bandwagon, too.
I got that fortune recently. Why I even open the cookie is beyond me, because often times I don't. In fact, I have a huge collection of fortune cookies, because we don't always eat them. And I don't think they go bad...

Well, it's just a few minutes 'til puck drop and keyword, optimization, social tile and all that be damned. I'm pressing the send button and ending my writing paralysis. ❤

(Grammarly detects the tone of this post to be "disapproving." Oops. I guess if there's anything to be disapproving about it's thinking that I have to worry about blogging the "right" way. I decided not to renew a couple of domains, too. I might even delete one of my facebook pages. Life is complicated enough. I keep thinking I'm going to write some sort of expose of my past and my childhood, anonymously, but I think I need to be okay with whatever I post being attributed to me because I don't think you can count on anything being anonymous on the internet. So there it is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...