Sunday, September 23, 2018

I stink at housework. Sorry (not sorry)!

I stink at housework.

All my cleaning happens because I've either reached the point of disgust (our shower last week) or I'm having company (which hasn't happened in a while).

The only things I do regularly are dishes, laundry, and toilets. Sometimes I vacuum or sweep up the dog hair. Usually, my husband is the one with the broom. He's also usually the sheet changer (which triggers a load or two of laundry).

Occasionally I purge. I cleaned up two piles of stuff that I was going to file recently. Most of it had been sitting in the "to-be-filed" pile for so long, it's not even relevant, and destined for the shredder.

I stink at housework. Sorry (not sorry)!This picture is from a room that I have gated off because I don't want the dogs in there because they get on the furniture and one of them though it would be a good idea to pee and poop on the rug. (Thank God for my Spot Bot, which is a mini rug and upholstery shampoo-er...kind of a must have if you have pets and any fabric furniture and rugs.)

I doubt that my kids really care about my housework skills, or lack of. If they really cared about cleaning, they are welcome to go ahead and dust that table. (I also stink at forcing my kids to do chores. They do their laundry, keep their rooms clean, put dishes in the dishwasher, and have jobs.) (I don't feel like arguing with them about it -- and future wives, I'm really sorry. At least they know how to use the washer, dryer, vacuum, and dishwasher.)

I kind of care, but let's face it, if I really cared, I would be dusting and not sitting here writing about it. I guess I'm not at the point of disgust yet, and even if anyone was coming over, they probably wouldn't be going into that room.

Like so many of us, I have multiple priorities, including a full-time job. So yeah, housework is at the bottom of the list. Sorry (not sorry)!

4 comments:

  1. The Undomestic GoddessSeptember 24, 2018 at 2:22 PM

    Kindred spirits here! This post is basically the basis of my blog! And I have three boys as well, but I can’t make them do much in the way of housework yet, as they are 1, 3, and 4! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! I'm doing good if I vacuum once every two weeks. I try to keep up with the housework but often have other priorities for how I spend my time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I remember when mine were (kind of) those ages. Now they're 18,17, and 13!

    ReplyDelete


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...