Saturday, July 4, 2015

Un fun Mom


 “Some moms are fun. You’re not one of them.” My friend told me her son said this to her. We both laughed. It could have just as easily been one of my sons saying this to me.

 

Newsflash, boys: it’s not our job to be fun.
This picture came up today as a facebook remember when from five years ago. My oldest was 10, the same age my youngest is today. They had created Jesus as one of the characters on the wii.

 

No one plays the wii anymore. No one plays any video games at our house because I am the boring mom who won't let them play the video games they really want to play. They get to play them at other people's houses (for contrast, I suppose, since I have no control over what goes on at other people's houses), but at home, we don't have anything other than sports games or one of the Dance Revolution games.

 

I have had numerous discussions about this, to the point where I am sure my oldest should join the debate team.

 

"Everyone else has it."

"It's not that violent."

"I'm not going to grow up to be a psychopath!"

 

"I don't care what 'everyone else' has."

"You must be desensitized."

"God forbid!"

 

I know at least 2/3 of them are in clans or on servers with people they don't even know, but not from our house. And yes, I have the conversation with them frequently about not revealing personal details.

 

I wish the kids still wanted to have Jesus on their team in their video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...