Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy Monday

It really was a happy Monday in our house. Both older boys took the bus so there were no issues with my 9:00 a.m. call (last Friday, my middle son told me at 8:30 he had homework, which meant I had to take my 9:00 a.m. call on my cell as we walked to school -- no, I was not going to let them off the hook and drive them; if they want motorized transportation, they can take the bus).

My middle son got up at 6:30 and wanted my help with the breakfasts, or actually, I think he just wanted some guidance (I confirmed it was okay to pick the bagel up off the floor and put it back on the plate; "God made dirt and dirt don't hurt" as the saying goes). He really did make everyone's breakfast and then serve it.

I don't know why he did this. One of my friends told me don't question it, just enjoy it. Everyone was agreeable about going to the supermarket in the early evening, too. Maybe it is because I let them pick out things they liked, and no one ran around like a screaming banshee, either. My older two had done their homework, so after dinner we watched Sandlot 3 (because our scout meeting had been postponed).

That was about it -- a very happy Monday, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...