Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pasta Night

Pasta Night is every Wednesday. We invite friends to share a meal.Every Wednesday we have Pasta Night. This is a tradition I started a while back based on Prince Spaghetti Day. We invite our friends and on any given night, we may have about six adults and 8-10 kids, depending on whether the neighbors send their kids over.

Every Wednesday we gather with other families for Pasta NightIt's a lot of work but I enjoy doing it because otherwise my social life would be incomplete. My kids enjoy running around in a pack with other kids, much the same way I did as a child (go outside and don't come back 'til the street lights come on). We live in the center of town on a busy street so they can't just go out and play in the neighborhood.

Today, fortunately, I do not need to shop for anything. I have pasta, sauce, bread, salad. My friends will show up with appetizers and drinks (and hopefully dessert, or I'll have to whip up cookies or a pie, which I have been meaning to do since we went apple picking the weekend before last).

Today, unfortunately, I have laundry all over the dining room table, and our trash and recycling is still sitting out by the curb because apparently the trash guy forgot to drive down our street yesterday (maybe thrown off by the holiday?), and things need to be put away. There are bakugan and DS games all over the small kitchen table, and I am midway through a soap-making project on the side counter.

Currently, I am drinking a cold cup of coffee. I wanted to start my day with the small indulgence of a cup of coffee in bed before I rush around making lunches and packing my kids off to school. I am now on borrowed time because my middle son tip toed in to tell me, " we made our beds." (which is something I told them they MUST do after having unmade them to make their sleeping nest on the floor last night). I had also wanted them to finish up the homework that will be due tomorrow (doing it ahead since they can't seem to figure out how to do it at extended day and we'll be busy tonight).

1 comment:


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...