Friday, February 21, 2014

My expired yoga pass

How sad is it that I couldn't use a 10-class pass in six months? I had all sorts of good intentions when I bought it back in August. I was ready to make the investment in myself. "Is it really an investment?" I was asked. "Yes, it is -- not just the money, but the time."

As it turned out, time was the biggest challenge.

It always is.

Lack of it is the same reason I have eight stories in progress and haven't had time to write in weeks.

My other half says, "How can you say you don't have enough time when there are in a week?" (He knows the number offhand, but I do not -- he's really good with numbers.)

I don't know. I guess maybe it is because it is so rare that I actually have the two hours I need for a yoga class (or to do any writing) available at any one time. Often I might find 15 minutes to myself and might do half a treadmill workout (but even then it's rare that no one wants to either talk to me or ask me to do something.) Just yesterday I needed to take a private phone call, got up from my desk, went to my room, and closed the door. Within five minutes, someone was knocking. Today I was about to do my nails when someone pointed out that there were spots on the carpet, which required the SpotBot and major scrubbing by hand (so it would be pointless to put nail polish on before doing that.)

I sent the studio a note imploring that they extend the pass. I think I had only taken four classes in the six-months since I bought the pass. They told me that while it is not their usual policy, they would give me two weeks to use the remaining six classes.

And I did it!

I am sore, but feel really good.

This is a reminder that, as the flight attendants say, "you need to put on your own oxygen mask first."

Now, to work on the stories...they are taking up too much room in my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...