Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The first will be last

Well, alright -- this is the rather free-associative post I just published on Working Mother.com. I haven't been "thinking in stories" lately, which is likely par for the course during the whirlwind first week of school with my oldest going to middle school, and my baby going to kindergarten without looking back -- literally (note photo). Nope, don't want to address that "mothermorphosis" at all right now.

My next story will likely be about our visit to the dentist yesterday and how one of my sons actually told the dental hygienist that he doesn't have time to brush, and her very amusing reply, which prompted him to brush upon arrival home prior to football practice. I had to leave the room when I heard it. We love our dentist's office because we can schedule three appointments simultaneously and they have a big fish tank. The time-crunched son ironically has no cavities. One of my other two does, and we go back for the filling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...