Friday, November 11, 2016

I saw friends IRL today!

Having a cup of tea with friendsI brought my middle son off at a friend's house for a birthday overnight and he and another friend both brought their Xboxes (and forgot sleeping bags and pillows), even though the birthday boy has his own Xbox.

There were a couple of other boys at this event who did not bring their own Xboxes. Five kids and three Xboxes.

The three of us Xbox moms sat around -- in real life(!) -- with a cup of tea and collaborated on ways to  curtail our kids' video game usage and compared notes on chores.

We decided we'd plan an anti-Xbox outing sometime, like a hike (something before it gets too cold!)

This was an impromptu visit which happens, like, never, and I was actually supposed to stop by another friend's house on the way home, which I also squeezed in even though I was late and I still had work to do (which I finished just before I wrote this post at 10 p.m.). Her oldest is friends with my oldest but my son was off doing his indoor coed soccer practice (and his game is tonight at 10:50 p.m. -- so glad he's driving himself these days.) We had a good catch-up, too.

It is not very often that I find time to meet up with other women in real life. Today was kind of a point off the curve, I slept until almost 8:00 a.m. (since no one had to get up for school, but ironically they were all up when I got up); I did not go to the gym. My husband and I walked the dogs in the dark, but the moon was so bright, we didn't need a flashlight.

I'm going to get up from my desk ASAP, Tomorrow is an early day because Oldest and I are going to a college open house. More on that later!

xoxox, Carlie

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...