Wednesday, May 18, 2016

All I am is a chauffer

I love baseball, but I do not love this year's baseball season.

These are my three sons' baseball schedules.wp-1461249834362.jpg

That picture was from the beginning of the baseball season, when I calculated that in a total of 45 games, there were only 15 games that didn't conflict with someone else's game.

Then it rained.

Things got rescheduled.

I lost track of how many conflicts there were and the schedules became obsolete because coaches changed things on the fly and one of my sons' coaches typically doesn't give more than 12 hours notice about what time practice will be for that day. It's maddening because I can't plan ahead how to pick up/drop off the other two at their practices/games.

My husband also plays baseball and coaches (that makes a total of five teams in our family) so he is usually not available to help. I rely a lot on other people for help, because I can't be in there different places at the same time. That's three different carpools I have to think about.

I gave up my barre class. I am lucky if I get the dogs out for a walk before it's dark. I don't want to wish the time away but when my oldest has his license, things will be much easier (in some regards anyway...I know when kids start driving it opens up a whole new can of worms).

At least I am in a better place now than I was a year ago.

That is all.

3 comments:

  1. […] Previous PostI love baseball but haven’t seen a full game all season […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] I love baseball but haven’t seen a full game all season […]

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] (not including my husband’s teams). That’s 12 games and one practice for three kids. I have not watched a full game all year, except for the minor league game we went to the other night, because I have to split my time among […]

    ReplyDelete


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...