Sunday, July 26, 2015

Movie theater popcorn

We went to the movies last night to see Inside Out. It was an animated movie about a girl who moves to a new city and all the emotions involved. It provided a tangible way to look at and discuss emotions, which I thought would be useful and interesting for two of my boys, and actually this is the movie they chose over Minions, Terminator, and Ant Man. They are 10 and 14.

We went to a later show because my older son didn't want to have a bunch of "noisy little kids" in the theater, so there was no need to buy a lot of food (I actually smuggled green beans to snack on), but we did get drinks and popcorn.

Who knew movie theater popcorn was that fattening? And I am guessing the calorie count is before you pump the liquid butter oil on it. I did not totally abstain (so we did not add the butter-flavored topping, because my husband knows I wouldn't eat it), but tried to be conscious of how much I was consuming. Why is it that when you (I) eat popcorn, you (I) tend to jam whole handfuls into your (my) mouth)?

I also chose seltzer rather than diet soda. I do not think I will be ingesting diet soda any more (I haven't in the past month anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...