Thursday, February 19, 2015

Late to the party

Mardi Gras came and went and I did nothing. I was actually so exhausted by the end of that day I had to take a nap. When I woke up it was practically bedtime. Good thing two out of the three of my boys have vacation this week and my oldest, who does not, self-managed.

That is about how I feel tonight, too. I just wanted to look at a few things for work before I call it a day. There are a couple of people in Australia I wanted to get ahold of and if I don't do it today, it will already be their weekend when I get to it tomorrow. Today I am mostly physically tired from shoveling. The other day I was psychologically tired from job overwhelm. I think I would be all the way over the edge if my youngest wasn't going to his friend's every day after baseball camp.
It takes an hour and a half to drive him and his brother to camp and school (middle son declined camp and went to Dad's) in the morning and today the commute was a bit messed up because oldest had a 90-minute delay. It is no wonder I do not have time to exercise and that is the one good thing about shoveling.

We were considering decorating our family room in a luau theme, but maybe Mardi Gras would be more appropriate. It would certainly beat the towel and assorted vessel decor we're currently featuring while we wait for our friend with the ladder to come and help us get ice off the roof. He was going to come today but got hung up at another house that's going to wind up taking more than five times as long as he thought. And the bummer of it all is, we're expecting more precipitation this weekend. Rain = undesirable, snow = undesirable, rain mixed with snow = undesirable.

Any day now it sure would be nice to get my lovely four-wheel drive car back. Yep, I need to make a visit to the party store. Maybe I can do that in between basketball and hockey this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...