Friday, December 26, 2014

Potty-mouthed hockey mom


A hockey mom had a potty mouth today.

 

Actually, yelling “you f***ing piece of s**t” at my son because he had bumped her son into the boards is worse than potty mouth.

 

It’s disgusting.

 

What kind of person would say that to a nine-year-old? A lot of nine-year-olds may never have heard those words.

 

What kind of person could be so on edge during a game where her team ended up beating our team by eight points (not so much in basketball but clearly a “landslide” in hockey)?

 

I wasn’t present to see or hear the potty-mouthed hockey mom because part of my volunteer time in the information booth coincided with part of our game today.

 

So, can I be sure she was yelling at my son? No. But he thinks she was. He isn’t so sure he would recognize her but he knows the kid he was up against the boards, fighting for the puck with, was #8.

 

And even if she wasn’t actually yelling that at my son, was she yelling it at a referee for his failure to call what she perceived as a penalty? What kind of person would use that kind of language at all during a squirt hockey game?

 

What kind of person could be that angry the day after Christmas?

 

We have just finished day one of a five-day youth hockey tournament. This is not the NHL.

 

I hope the parents of the next teams the kids face are better sports than Ms. Potty Mouth.

 

I hope Ms. Potty Mouth has some remorse for the ugly language that she let slip in public today.

 

I hope people, including Ms. Potty Mouth, can keep the holiday spirit alive for at least the rest of the tournament, if not the whole holiday week.

 

 
Peace on Earth and goodwill to all. Even you, Ms. Potty Mouth.


xoxox, Carlie

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...