Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Seen under my desk

I read a horrifying statistic that said even if you work out for an hour a day it does not undo the effects of sitting on your butt all day. I haven't until very recently felt I had time to work out for an hour a day (sadly), and even then, it's just a two-mile walk around a hilly neighborhood. Since I am not interested in a career change at this time (to something less sedentary), I had to do something. I got a little cycle for under my desk. It is quiet (not electric -- all those cords in the pic are my computer's and router's) and doesn't interfere with typing (I am using it right now) and certainly wouldn't interfere with a conference call (I just have to make sure I am not going faster than 12 mph or I get a little breathless when it's my turn to talk).

There have been a few days where I have racked up more than 20 miles. I'm sure it's not the same as riding an actual bicycle outside and going the 20 miles. I am also sure it is far better -- for my circulation, my alertness, and my overall well being, than sitting immobile all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...