Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Authors' Fair



I was traveling for business last a couple of weeks ago and got an email about participating in an authors' fair at our local library. Normally I don't find typical author events (like book signings) worth my time (e.g., nobody buys books), but this one was going to include several other authors I knew and I figured it would be fun to get together just for that reason. The first pic below is me with Christine Lindemer and Cindy Reynolds; the second one is Ellen Olsen-Brown and me.

I think in all there were 20 or so authors, plus the editor for our local online newspaper and one of the stringers for the local paper where my "Boy To The World!" column appears.

You can see more pictures at Dale T. Phillips's website

I was inspired to think about finding an illustrator for my next book, syndicating my column, and what other things might I write about besides my kids (such as actually doing this blog, which was my vision four years ago!)

And, no, I did not sell any books, even though I had six different offerings (three of my own and three copies of anthologies).

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...