Saturday, February 27, 2010

Party on

Today we celebrated my oldest's 10th birthday at a movie-dinner-theater place. What a difference a year makes. Last year the boys were running around the theater. This year, they did do some experiements with condiments and soft drinks, but mainly the popcorn, soda, presents, pizza, cake and movie went just fine. There were 12 kids in all. After the movie, we hung around in the arcade part of the place a little too long. My middle son spent his entire allowance. I wished we had brought home some pizza because so much of it went to waste and what did the boys want to eat (to the tune of $2 a slice) at the hockey game we went to tonight? Yes, pizza. The game was our town's hockey coaches vs. some Bruins legends. We're not a hockey family, but I grew up with hockey b/c my brother played, so I enjoyed it. My youngest brought his DS and made new friends and my older two saw a lot of their classmates and I let them run free around the rink while I talked with one of the moms whose husband was playing tonight. I was also very happy to see one of the moms playing hockey! (Her son told me he made all three shots in his mini one-on-one between periods, too.) We left after the second period because I was tired and I know the kids were, too, but they wouldn't admit it. They are all having a sleepover in my oldest's room tonight. I insisted they shower not long after we got home and because my oldest got two Nerf guns and some swords (the mom of the boy who gave him those apologized in advance) we now have bullets all over the house again. And socks. I do not know how my middle son's socks got on the floor of his older brother's room, but there they are. "Mom, can you put them in the hamper for me?" "No, honey." "Mom, can you get us a bowl for our chips?" "Nope, share the bag. Just don't share it with the dog." I am tired and I was up too late (taxes) and too early (boys). And after having made the trip down to the kitchen to get the chips in the first place, I wasn't going again. (This was after middle son asked me what was for dinner. Huh? Did he forget that pizza I bought at the hockey game?) I think we all got a chill tonight in the rink. Everyone wanted extra blankets for their slumber party nest and I have a sweatshirt on and am looking forward to doing not much of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment


But no one will see it

I set up the nativity in the back yard again this year. In the past it has been out front near the fire hydrant that is on our property, and...